Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy belated Thanksgiving and Christmas! We had a wonderful holiday season. We spent Thanksgiving here in Clovis, Ca. The Reynders spent Thanksgiving in Utah with the rest of the Thorley clan, so we spent our Thanksgiving with my family. Every year my mothers side of the family has a huge gathering for Thanksgiving. We do a pot luck dinner, so we always have a lot of food. I made two pumpkin pies that we brought and shared. We had a great time hanging out with my family.

Christmas was also a lot of fun. We woke up around 6 am and did our own little Christmas at home. We opened the gifts that we had gotten for each other and rummaged through our stockings. The rest of the day was spent bouncing back and forth to our parents homes. First, we went to the Murphy's home, my parents home, and had breakfast and played games, and exchanged gifts. Then we went over to the Reynders' home and broke through the posters that we made the night before (there are pictures of this). We then played games and hung out. We also exchanged gifts there. Mama Reynders made a delicious Christmas lunch for all of us. It was great! We hung out with Robert & Paige, and Annie & Adam, it was great seeing them again. Then we went back over to the Murphy's and had a great Christmas dinner provided by Mama Murphy. We had a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Oh it always makes me so swooney and missing my husband when I see your blog and the fun newlywedness that is you two! Seriously, where is my Joe - I need to go kiss his face off!

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas belated!