Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Seasons of Life

Last Friday, August 15th, my cousin Peter married a wonderful young lady. They are so cute together, in this new season of their lives. He is almost twice her size though. My cousin is about 6'2" and his new wife, Mia, is about 5'0". We attended their wedding reception Friday evening. It was real fun, the theme was Asian, because Mia is Hmong. We enjoyed all of the decorations and interesting food. And of course we had some fun dancing.

On Saturday David and I had the opportunity to travel down to Lancaster for a mission Farewell. David's cousin, Tommy Blair, will be serving in the Houston, Texas mission. Tommy is going to be a great missionary, he has a great love for the Lord and for the gospel. While we were there celebrating Tommy's new season of life, I got to meet some more of David's family. I love having all of these new, fun relatives. I love Family! New and old, it is so wonderful. Anyway I posted here a picture of David, Tommy, and I. We had a great time at the Blair's home. They are great people and I am happy to now be part of their family.

3 comments:

Jana said...

You can't hide from Aunt Jana - I am so excited that I have now found your blog and can keep an eye on the two of you as I get to know you better Yvonne. Now, the next question is: When are you going to come and see ME?? Davey boy, I haven't seen you in years. YEARS! But I still love you and still have my eye out for more Target pants.

Love and Hugs!

The Dedman Family said...

you're so cute yvonne i love you ;)

Paige said...

Why did I not know you have a blog? You've got to share these things with me...I will definitely be stalking you now!