Friday, August 8, 2008

Last weekend David and I attended the Thorley family reunion in southern Utah. Grandpa Thorley and his brothers own the top of a mountain above Zion National Park. It is covered with beautiful aspen trees. I think that the aspen is now my new favorite tree, they are so amazing. I didn't know that they grow off of each other, all of the trees that cover the top of the Thorley mountain are actually just one big plant. I find that fascinating. Anyway, we had a fantastic time at the reunion. We slept in a tent, ate delicious food, built a mini cabin, danced, four wheeled, hiked, laughed, cried, and enjoyed our wonderful relatives.

On Sunday at the end of our church meeting on the mountain, we had the opportunity to be with Kate as she opened her mission call. It was a real sweet experience. Kate will be serving the Lord in Winnipeg, Canada. Kate is a wonderful person, we know she will be an amazing missionary. From what I see, she already is. We love Kate and are so excited for her.

We have attached a slide show of pictures from the reunion at the cabin. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so these pictures are ones that I stole from Annie and Jo Linda (thanks!). We had a wonderful time. I must say, I am pleased to be a part of the Thorley/Reynders family. I love everyone I have met and I am looking forward to getting to know them better.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I was just about to email you those pictures when I checked your blog. You are way ahead of me. It was so good to have you at the cabin.