Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Quick Trip to Illinois


While we were living in St. Louis during David's clinical rotation, we made a quick trip to visit my Aunt and Uncle in Belleville, IL. I don't know many of my extended family members on my dad's side (the Murphy side) of the family. We didn't do a whole lot with them growing up. In fact I can only remember meeting this particular uncle (my dad's brother) and my aunt along with their youngest daughter once before this. They are awesome thought! I am so glad we took the time to go out and see them and their beautiful home. I hope we can stop by again while we are out here in the Midwest.

Their backyard is a lake! It is beautiful! They also have some chickens. It was a fun place to visit. I wish we could have stayed longer. We had a fun time playing outside. The kid threw acorns into the lake with their Uncle Bill and Peter "went fishing" with cousin Cassie. He mostly just got the line tangled in the sticks and leafs... but he had fun. Uncle Bill joked that he caught a fish stick!

Then Peter had fun playing with my cousin Breezy's son. And we enjoyed a delicious meal together.

Family is wonderful. I am grateful for the instant love and connection you feel with family.



No comments: