Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Happy Birthday Daddy!

David turned 29 on Saturday the 12th of April. We had a nice relaxing day, just what he wanted. After a yummy breakfast, David, Peter, Evelyn and I did yard work together while Hannah had her morning nap. Peter was so excited to help daddy mow! I edged the lawn, and Evelyn just kind of played. Though she did help Peter and I water our flower seeds. We planted them about three weeks ago and there are several little green sprouts! They are so excited about it all.

Here is a picture of Peter helping dad Saturday morning...


And here is a picture of Peter helping Grandpa Reynders (Poppy) about 2.5 years ago!


After lunch and before naps, we celebrated with a large, warm chocolate chip cookie and ice cream. Yumm!



After naps, we went for a walk as a family. Then David made a neat kite out of a grocery bag, yarn, duck-tape, and Popsicle sticks. The kids loved it! They couldn't get enough! It was a perfect blustery day :)






Then the lovely Kate Reynders, David's sister now working and living in Kansas City, MO, watched the kids while we went out for dinner. 

We had a lovely day celebrating the life of a truly amazing man. David is a wonderful husband and father. I am truly blessed to have been sealed to him for time and all eternity in the Fresno, CA Temple almost six years ago. We have learned and grown so much together. I am grateful for my David!

I asked the kids to tell me a few things they would like to thank their dad for, and things that they like to do with him. These are the answers they gave:
Peter said:
        - "Thank you for working."
        - "Thank you for doing silly faces."
        - "I like to dance with dad." [David does have some sweet moves ;)]
        - "I like to snuggle daddy."
        - "I like to play basketball outside with him."
        - "I like to draw with dad."
        - "I like to be silly with dad."

Evelyn said:
        - "I like to play with dad?"
            I then asked: "What do you like to play with dad?"
        - "Basketball." [???]
            I then asked again...
        - "I like to play guitar with daddy." [yes she does!]

The kids love their dad! Hannah lights up when she sees him. We have the best dad anyone could ask for!

We sure love this amazing, handsome man!

No comments: