Monday, September 30, 2013

We love to Run!


We had an opportunity to participate in a Terry Fox Run. It was the first annual Terry Fox Run to be held in Bolivar, Mo. I wasn't real familiar with the story of Terry Fox before this run, but it is an inspiring story of a young mad who had a great desire to do good and help the cause of cancer (you can learn more about Terry here).

While David sped off to run a 5 k, the kiddos and I walked one lap around the track. And, we made a new friend! She and I hit it off. As we talked I learned she is from Fresno! It is such a small world! She loved holding Hannah. She has 10 grand-babies but none of them live close. I love it when I can share the joy of my children with others! She was so sweet to me and my kiddos. She helped me walk the kids around the track.

The kids had a blast! They loved running around. Peter especially loved running on a track. He felt so special. I love the look on his face in the picture bellow. You can see how thrilled he was.


Here are a few more pictures from our fun morning :)





No comments: