Saturday, November 19, 2016

JAME'S 1st Birthday


Our baby is growing up too quick! He turned one on Monday, October 17th. James is such a smiley kid! We sure love the joy he adds to our family.







James was not quite walking on his 1st birthday. He could take steps but definitely preferred crawling. He is now exclusively walking! He made the switch about a week ago. For some reason, once the babies start to walk they don't quite seem like babies anymore. It's just a reminder that they can't stay little, innocent, and super snugly forever. He is still all of these thing currently but time passes quick! We need to enjoy James and each of our kids in each of their fun ages and stages.

Life with four kids is sure exciting! I LOVE each of them so much. I remember worrying about not having enough love for a child when I loved David so much. Then our first child, Peter, came and I learned that love is endless and was amazed at the instantaneous deep love I had for this little infant. I also remember when I was close to my due date with our second, Evelyn, that I was seriously worried about not having enough love for her and also worrying about how Peter would feel about it all. Then she came and it was the same learning experience. Love is endless! I know now that we human beings are capable of an infinite amount of love for others. But as the world can show, it is one thing to be capable and another to actually practice. We will always be striving to reach our eternal potential. I am grateful for the opportunity children give me to stretch and learn and strive to reach my eternal potential. I am grateful for the joy and fulfillment serving my children brings into my life.

1 comment:

KarenEJacobs said...

Oh man! It's hard to believe he's already one! Such a cutie.