Monday, August 4, 2014

Murphy's Visit Part 1: Nauvoo

My mother and little brother Pierce (Murphy) came out here from California for a visit. Boy did we have fun. I am so grateful for them and the quality time they spent with me and my family. Our kids adore them both!

They came bearing gifts for baby Hannah's 1st birthday...
The first adventure we had with them was a 5 hour drive to Nauvoo, IL. Within the first hour of our drive little Evelyn said, "Mommy, I'm a little ouchy." I assumed she was hungry or tiered since we left at 6 in the morning. Then a few minutes later my mom looks back at her and she had vomited on herself and her car seat. Evelyn didn't even complain! I pulled over at the next exit with a gas station so we could clean her up. Poor thing... She was all better by then though :). We decided it was from motion sickness, we had driven some windy roads...

The rest of the trip went real well. Pierce was a great help in the back with the kids. I forgot to mention. He cleaned up the vomit the best he could before we stopped. What a champ!


We met up with lots of family in Nauvoo. My Aunt Joyce and all but one of her 6 kids were there along with their families and three of our Martinez cousins (Elena, Rachel, and Kristina) were there with their families. It is always wonderful to be with family. I am sure glad I am linked to each of them for eternity :).

We enjoyed a show and several of the sites in Nauvoo. I just love the wonderful feeling of Nauvoo. There is such a special, sweet spirit there. I am grateful that we can visit where the saints once lived and feel of their faith and testimonies.



The Mississippi River! 
Uncle Scott is serving his mission just up the Mississippi from where we were!
Throwing rocks in the river...








We had the privilege of staying the night in Hyrum Smith's home. It has been updated and added on to and the current owner rents it out to families visiting Historic Nauvoo. The brick part of the picture bellow is the original home! We stayed in the room on the top floor. See those top two windows, that is where we slept! I thought it was neat...


We had more adventures with the Murphy's and I will post them soon :).



No comments: